The Deputy Minister of Information Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa has said that the youth wing of the National Democratic Congress is alive, strong and matching on to victory in 2012.
Mr Ablakwa made this statement at the National Theatre when he was addressing the Greater Accra youth wing of NDC.
He noted that when their opponents gather their young ones, they teach them how to kill themselves and preach to them a strange doctrine ‘all die be die’. However, when the NDC gathers their youth, they talk about life; they talk about progress and development.
“For the youth of the NDC, we want to live to enjoy the good works of Professor John Evans Attah Mills so that in some generations to come we will enjoy from the better Ghana Agenda. That is why today we won’t be discussing progress that we have made,” Mr Ablakwa said.
“We will be analyzing the challenges that will pop up and also we will be strategizing for victory 2012.”
He stated that if a critical look is taken at the New Patriotic Party (NPP), one will be left with no other conclusion that as young people that –the NPP- is not a party to look up to.
“Any political party that has so an abysmal record, that all their doing is to wait for you to make a mistake, for you to have just one mysterious cocaine disappearance and they start singing ‘yen nyinaa ayƐ pƐpƐƐpƐ’,that is not a party for the young people of this party to look up to.”
“… that tells you that they are aware that they failed so trebly that all their doing is lying in wait for us to also blat so that they will rejoice and tell the electorates that we are all the same.”
Touching on some developmental projects the NDC has carried out in their action year, the Deputy Minister made mention of some of their greatest achievements. Some of these achievements include;
1. Achieving single digit inflation and sustaining it for the longest period ever in the history of this nation.
2. For the first time in the history of the country, the economy is growing at 13.6 per cent.
3. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has granted Ghana the highest loan budget of 3 billion dollars which has never happened in the history of this great nation.
4. As part of their commitment to fight crime and narcotics, the Vice President of this country opened a new forensic science laboratory at the Ghana Police Headquarters.
5. Under the leadership of the NDC, the constitutional review committee has submitted its final report to the President John Evans Attah Mills and it is the first time in this country.
6. Two weeks ago Accra was listed as one of the six clean cities in Africa according to the All African clean city index.
7. In a report released last week, Ghana has been listed as one of the top ten tourist destinations for 2012.
8. The Single Spine Salary structure is now at a completion level of 98 per cent. Every Ghanaian worker is better off today than they were yesterday.
The Minister added that in a football match, those who always want to disrupt the match are people who know that they cannot win the match. “Nana Akuffo-Addo wants to carry the football and go away campaigning for ‘All die be die’. We must not allow him; we know we are winning all the goals to show that we are winning come 2012.”
I am a Creative Arts Writer who is also into Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Photography and IT consultancy. I am also Social media enthusiast and an alumni of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ).